Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11 Documentary - Incluidng Onsite Inside Tower One Coverage Before & After






FROM CONTRIBUTOR: On September 11th 2001 i was in my first year of college. Besides the most obvious, other certain points seem to stick out in my memory from that day. For example i remember it was only half day of lectures so i got out at 13:00. I live in the UK so New York is 5 hours behind us. I remember catching the bus home, finding a seat and staring out of the window at such an intense crystal blue sky. I remember sitting back contently whilst The Offspring's "kids arn't alright" blasted through my CD player's headphones. When entering my home i remember walking into my living room to see my family gathered around the television that was tuned into Sky News. Firstly i thought they were watching some movie until i noticed the Sky News logo and the correct time in the bottom corner of the screen. I remember how sad and emotional i felt for something taking place on the other side of the Ocean and how this surprised me. I remember sitting down next to my father and witnessing the unbelievable bravery from the fireman of New York City. In all the footage i could see that showed the fireman and police officers at the scene i couldn't help but be taken back by the fear and concern already present in their faces, almost like they all some how knew what would eventually transpire later on. But they still went inside and climbed the steps with just the job of rescue on their minds. I mean the total number of fireman and paramedics killed were 343. Thats just one of the reasons we should always remember that day.

No comments: